Monday, April 02, 2007

We have Twins?!

The Question

I got to chat with my former officemate last week. As usual she is still the same person I knew, super-‘kulit’! Well, I’ve always known Helen for that. She either always teases me or makes fun of being my ‘reyna ng kasablayan’. While having a quick-chat with her she puffed-up a big, big question (by the way, that was during my most busiest week – deadline. Well, nothing can harm me except being late with my deadline but at least it became an outlet with the pressure. Well- justified? Hahaha!). “Are you already pregnant? How long are you bearing the baby in your tummy?” I can feel the warmness of my ears. Without looking into a mirror, I knew it reddened. “Common on, answer it! There’s nothing wrong with my asking you’re married already”, she continued. As far as I remembered, we bid our goodbyes without me answering her question.

More Questions

Helen’s not the only person who wanted to know if I am pregnant already. Since we announced our supposed to be secret marriage (not until we got married at church) to everyone, everybody is always asking I am already pregnant. Even those people who we just met and we just knew by faces are really itching to know if we bear the fruit of our love.

The Real Story

It was 12th of December, year 2006. I was really pissed-off and dismayed with my husband the night before, I already decided to go back to Manila and work at a company where my college buddies work as IT Professionals. The offer was good, very good. I think, with the goodness of offer, in a year or two, I may have bought my brand new car. I called it quit for my so-called fairy-tale-like and whirl-wind marriage. It was a quick decision to get married and a quick mind to call it quits. My decision that time was final, though, he begs to death that I should stay (if not, he’ll still follow wherever I go. I believed him so because he’s also about to quit from his work here at Gensan). It was past six in the morning and we are both in a hurry for work. While waiting for him to get ready (he always drop me by the school everyday using our baby raider), I checked on the pregnancy kit I bought after our wedding 14 months ago. First, I was so confused on the result. It says if there are two lines, it’s positive, else it is negative. I can see two lines but the lower line is kind of blurred. So, I just thought that the kit was just not working properly. But then, back of my mind I knew I have the symptoms of so-called morning sickness and the frequent peeing from time to time. I told him about that and he was very happy and asked me to stay instead. I nearly bought a ticket for Manila but to make the long-story short, it was not pushed-through. “I guess I have to stay for the marriage and baby’s sake”, as I thought twice. He then promised to make the most to somehow make-up for the things I couldn’t accept from his past. He just wanted us to stay together as we promised – “… for better or for worse...” as we oath.

First Christmas with the ‘Formosos’

My husband told me not to break the news yet especially with his mama. He’d like to surprise everyone. But he too, can’t resist informing his colleagues at school. Now, everybody else here at Gensan knows about my being pregnant. We are both very happy. We stayed at their house at Marbel for the 2-week-holiday vacation. We spent it with his family. Mama Puring and Luming (that I was asked to start calling my hubby’s mom and aunt ‘mama’), Kuya Jo (who’s like he came from abroad because of the overflowing gifts and ‘pasalubongs’ he brought with him from Manila), and Ate Che’s Tala (who is named by my hubby as a war-freaked-li’l-child. True she’s adorable but tacky-witty little kid). When his family (now, my family too) already knew about the wonderful news, they all encouraged us to check-out on the nearest doctor to confirm how old the baby in my tummy. It’s also so touching and sweet that Mama Luming bought me a big box of milk supplement for pregnant women and more than a kilo of green mangoes. It made me special (honest!).

It was after lunch of 27th of December when we decided to go to an OB. Actually; it has been weeks already that we both are searching for the best doctor in town. We searched Gensan, then at Marbel, and back to Marbel for the search. Finally, my husband’s best friend who works in a local hospital at Marbel told us that he he knew two best OB’s – Dr. Bugante and Dr. Cocjin. We eventually went to Dr. Cocjin instead. When we approach her clinic’s door, I noticed her T-shirt (that she wore inside her so-called doctor’s white trench coat) a theme of her alumni’s reunion. Coincidence that we (I, my husband and Dr. Cocjin) were graduates of same high school. So, there it goes, we kind of chatted a while about the reunion before she generally checked me up.

After counting how old our baby is (according to her, the baby is already 4 weeks and 3 days), she then asked me to lie-down on a stretcher-like bed and applied a cream-paste-like liquid on my tummy. In a few seconds we can see the inside of my stomach on the computer’s monitor (though, we only see a mere black and white sight. We wanted to have a 3D or 4D ultra sound check-up but we haven’t found anything yet either at Marbel or Gensan). We actually saw two bean-like images on my tummy! The doctor announced in an official manner, “congratulations to both of you. You are indeed pregnant. And there may have possibility that it may be twins! See those two images?” pointing on the bean-like image on the monitor. “Those are sacs on her womb” she continued explaining. She then asked us if either of us has relatives (even to the farthest consanguinity) who are twins. My husband excitedly (but not really showing it) answered, “Yes doc, my father has a twin brother”. Smilingly he hid his smile from us. After the ultra-sound, Dr. Cocjin clarified that she was not yet sure if we’ll have twins but there may have big possibilities we’ll have twins. She then gave us supplementary vitamins for me and my baby (or babies incase we have twins).

We went home very happy and delighted for the good news. My husband proudly announced that we’ll have twins (even the doctor was not yet sure about it, he still bragged about it) with great pride and boastfulness (he may not admit it but I can see he is). I too was so joyful. I even hurriedly sent text messages to all my family at Manila. As well, as I called up my dearest Lola to tell her the good news! I once dreamed of having twins. I remember having twin babies like Aga and Charlene. I’d also love to have kids who’ll say “Andres, what’s your Christmas wish?” The other kid replied wittingly, “We have a mom, we have a daddy. What can we wish for?” I hope you are familiar with that TV commercial. So, sweet!

A Call

I had a strange feeling before that my husband’s family won’t like me because of the whirl-wind-romance my husband and I have staged. I was afraid they’ll hate me (if not us) for allowing to get married to their youngest family member without even informing them or even my own family. It’s a nice thing that I get to meet Kuya Jo last December. He’s nice and treated me on a very civil and respectful way. I know it’s not a miracle that in an instance we’ll become close but at least everything went well with him and the rest of the family. I was so happy when I finally got to talk to Ate Che on the phone, my hubby’s big sis. She’s quite nice like kuya Jo. It’s nice that even it’s a long distance call she still have time to talk to me. We may have talked for a very quick moment but I can feel her sincerity. I was so touched when she suggested looking for another OB instead.

Bad News is Still Good News!

Though we kind of liked the first doctor we went to, we took Ate Che’s advice. A month after that, we eventually went to another doctor, as advised that we have to visit a doctor at least once or twice a month. This time we gave it a shot to come to Dr. Bugante’s clinic. True indeed, she is really good as far as we heard people said she is. As any regular check-up on OB, they usually used ultra-sound to check on the baby. My husband and I informed Dr. Bugante about the last check-up we had that we may have twins. So when the ultra sound device was placed on my tummy, we were excited knowing that we will be able to see the two so-called sacs on my tummy. All our eyes were steady and staring on the small screen. Bad, it’s so weird that we now only saw one sac! Where the other sac did went? In down-hearted voice, I can also feel her dismay to inform us that we won’t have twins. After the long interview, briefing and schedule of visits and taking of my supplements, we then went home. Broken hearted, though happy knowing we will still be parents after 8-months. At least we’ll have less expense. Looking on the brighter side though, hehehe.

The Official Announcement

We planned to announce my pregnancy may be next month or next when we already knew the gender of our little angel. Due to insistent public demand and frequently asked question (hehehe, we too can’t resist on spilling the good news), we re now letting everyone know that we are proud mom and dad of our little angel whom we are expecting this coming August!

We’ll just let you know in soonest possible time (bonggaceous! hehehe) if we already confirmed the gender of our cutie baby.

Good bye for now! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment