Thursday, February 16, 2012

I am a dog Lover


The Dogs in my Life

Raph & cousin Tala on Jackpot's 2nd Chritsmas with us

I am a dog lover. In fact, I still remember the names of all the dogs I had. My first dog was pure a golden retriever whom I truly adore for 13 years before resting in peace is Bar. He was brought home by my aunt whom amazingly is a well behave pet and never nibbled a slipper or a shoe. After Bar, my aunt gave me another dog which is a breed of an authentic Askal (A common term for breed of Philippine dog which are of medium size, and has thin fur and are only usually in colours white, brown, black or a misture f the 3 colours). We named him Ram, in honour of Gringo Honasan’s movement.  I had no choice but to call the dog Ram because my uncle has high respect with the former military officer. Before Ram died, someone in our neighbour gave me a dog and I finally had the chance to name him. Since I was so frantic with the Rambo movie that time, of course I named him after the famous movie character. Then when I lived with my parents at Bulacan, my mama’s dog gave birth with 3 dogs and I totally asked for the most furry and adorable puppy. I then named him Alovera (used to be a famous shampoo brand), since her mom’s name is Shampoo and all the rest of Alovera’s siblings are also named from other shampoo brands, Palmolive and Sunsilk. I took a very long time before I had had another dog.
Then before I got pregnant, my hubbyness and I found a big-eyed, bald, stout and fat dog following us around. We looked for her owner for 2 days and even reported it to the nearest police stations around the place we found her. After few days, the dog’s fur grew longer than we expected and we finally realize it was a Shitzu breed then we decided to assumed ownership of her and started calling her Jackpot. Long before our son (Raph) came, we actually had a baby. We all gave her all the doggie stuff she needed: expensive shampoos and bath needs, dog food and supplements, pet vaccines and other dog vitamin boosters, and (oh boy can you believe it?!) cutie little clothes. Jackpot was a charm. She has been our dog for about 3 years but we lost her (or I really suspected someone stole her when we took a summer vacation at Manila). We did paired her to few shitzu breed dogs but all did not succeed in laying her down (hahaha, so way picky, she rather hang out with larger dogs whom all were too desperate to reach what should be reached hehehe). I actually grieved when Jackpot left us (maybe she wandered around new eligible pet owner, sob, sob). God, I missed Jackpot. I remember her bark every time she needs a pee or poop outside or her crazy censored act every time she feels so hot (lol. Creepy but missed).

After Jackpot, our former Pension house owner (which we rented for few months) gave a little Japanese Pitch puppy. The pension house caretaker insists in naming her Joross (after a newly rising Star circle Quest contestant’s name. But the real Joross was a guy, right?). Since the dog is a female, we name her Ruthie (after the name of my fave little smart kid at 7th Heaven’s reruns).  Okay, I decide the name of our 2 dogs but my hubbyness thought for the name of our son’s very tedious name Imagine, our son has to take a board exam and he has to write on his given name: Raph Marcus Venicio. And that is only the first name; he has to write my maiden name and my hubby’s family name! Whew! Talking about tediousness in writing ones name. Since we move often, and now, we aren’t allowed to have pets on our apartment (but I wonder why our compound is filled with different pets?!) ‘till now, Ruthie stays with my in laws’ house together with 5 other dogs (oh, I think there are only 3 dogs which includes Ruthie in that count; the rest were either given away or had been dead for old age reasons). We wished Ruthie can bear more high quality Japanese pitch puppies(even the only possible breed link is a full-blooded askal); Ruthie still hasn’t bore one at her 5th year of existence (beauty queen lang na statement eh hehehe). I guess good breeds are hard to produce (hehehe).

If God willing, we are able to own a place of our own, I would love to have another dog like Jackpot. Or perhaps like Douglas (the famous humongous dog at Baguio City) who can keep us company when our dearest son decides to study on far universities from home (though that time will be a decade or more from now, who knows).  After all, we can’t have a new one now; I have now paranoia about unexpected pet attack (might share you next time why I now fear dogs, not that I watch too much animal attack documentaries on cable. But the idea is freaking me out a bit).

Dogs are such fun company and never complains (if ever they did complain, they never bug so much you as man do). Truly dogs are man’s best friend. For now, we settled for a gold fish named Fishy (because Raph has asthma and a fish won’t cause any allergy). But sadly Fishy died last week; I’ll just buy new fish tomorrow, maybe a janitor fish or a fighting fish this time and name it... Guido – one of the character on Raph’s fave movie The Cars.


1 comment:

  1. Colin Seal6:51 PM

    Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Anyway, I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    Kind Regards,

    Colin Seal
    electronic dog fence

    ReplyDelete