Thursday, March 01, 2012

A Quitter's Confession


photo by: rformoso@Saranggani, Philippines

Meet Ms. Walk-Out


I am a self-confessed freak.
I am a coward, I only let myself pretend I was fearless. But I am not.
I talk a loud and blurt my voice with fierce words, to protect me from my fear.
I don’t like defeat. I do not want to be corrected. I hated embarrassment.
And if I cannot hide my fear anymore, I give up.
I run away.
I literally walk out of the door.
I am a good escape artist, in any way you can imagine.
I may not be good with breaking locks but I am pretty sure of leaving a place, people, a scene, a stress, a job, a relationship, a friend and even a family if I sense defeat.
I just return in that conflict when fear has already faded.
I am a con in fleeing. And an expert in returning.
I hope one day I can really stay and face the battle even through defeat.
I hope can put my head up high and still modestly accept failure.
Meet the new Queen...
I am Ms. Walk-Out Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment