Saturday, January 14, 2012

Rona’s 2012 New Year’s Resolution to Break


‘Kung Hei Fat Choi’ everyone! ‘Kung Hei Watsi’ for others! And for most of us Happy New Year! To all pure blooded Pinoy like me, ‘Masigabong Bagong Taon!’ 

Again, started the year with an outburst of inspiration and will to revive my rusting blog site(which generally has no interested readers at all, lol, well, there were some who reads my blog out of my forced request as well as those who have nothing to do but kill time by reading my lousy thoughts). I have to start (but ironically January 2012 is about end and I am still writing my first blog for this year! Talking about the burning desire to be active online again, sigh)

I first heard of New Year Resolutions when I was in my elementary days. After  very long holiday vacations, we were asked to write down our personal goals or perhaps things/habits we wanted badly to change for the New Year. Basically, I’ll just write whatever stuff I just thought of without even thinking if I can sustain the gruelling days and months (or can I even last a week) to put into actions what I wished I would do for my betterment?! Breaking a resolution is my profession. Not one on my list had I ever did. If ever I survive of actually doing what I wrote, basically it will only last for days. And that is it. Or worst, I hadn’t started any of it. I remember my new year’s wishes are to talk less and never to easily trust anyone. But, as a course of habit, I always start my year never doing any of it. Surely I will include it again in my new year’s list. And again, and again, and again. For 20 years, it’s like déjàvu, I am blowing same things all over again.

When I become a mom, I realize that I have to take this resolution thing seriously. Promised must be done slowly but surely, simple but fruitful and humble yet praise worthy. Hey, your list of resolutions is after all for your betterment (once a chaotic-minded friend tells me. Yes, she’s a freak but she has a point in saying it, haha! I wonder where she is getting those brilliant words of wisdom sometimes)
Without further a du (as if you care hehehe), the things I am aiming to achieve and make it a habit (and hopefully not to break) this year off the dragons... (I can’t even be excited and nervous if I have all the strength and discipline to really do this list.)

6 – Propose and finish an official website or may be a blog site, Church Members and Visitors database, enrolment and payroll system for our church (been wanting to do this 2 years ago, until now, hadn’t started any. I had the desire but as always, my flesh is weak to start any of these. I know it will be for God’s glory)
 
5 – Blog at least once a month (I had this included in my list last year but I trimmed it to at least one blog a month, since I had no regular internet connection now and I had hard time keeping up with a 3 or 4 online notes a month. Once a month blogging may be a lot easier and a less stressful than my last year’s
4 – Never miss a Sunday Service (or church mass for most. Well, this one has been broken already last two weeks ago, tsk, tsk, tsk.. Sadly, I should be rephrasing it to: ) Never be late on Sunday Service (last year, we barely can make it to church before the church service started)

3 – Be more and always beautiful (even, at home. In spite of my newly rebonded hair, always have bad hair days; ‘Never stopped drinking soda even I did promised last year that I would totally refrain from gulping those unhealthy but tastefully tempting juices, ’still enjoys munching on junk foods, and stubborn enough to kick off those silly body fats;I only wear nice clothes and make myself pretty when we go out, which makes my hubbyness grumpy at all time. My hubbyness always complains with me being lax on impressing him and charming him. I guess by doing so, God, my delightful engineer may fell more positively happy and inlove with me. Who knows we may get lots of sexy time togethercause of this promise b, lol) 

2 – Pay all our past debts and never to have one again this year (except for Pag-ibig, and other government and legal loans. As to these loans are automatically will be paid by salary deductions. And you’ll never know when emergency might come. With God’s unconditional providence, we’ll have the best year this year. I hope every day, will be a best year. It’s beating owns record.)

1 – Start the art of praying (I want to be a newbie prayer warrior. I always end up depressed and disappointed with my actions, words and plans even all worked perfectly as I hoped.  May be prayer will change everything. Please say amen with me guys, smile)

And those are my 2012 New Year’s Resolutions to break, laugh out loud. I have other minor wishes to accomplish like let our son memorize Corinthians 13 and Psalm 23, enrol and encourage Raph to love drum playing, to consistently work  and have a small business online, drink 8 –up of water daily, jog and exercise at least once a week, call lola at least once a month, and a lot more. But I guess, my nind and heart is out pouring with plans right now, I should really concentrate with the 6 promises first. 

My fingers are crossed, this time I made a list easier than I can think of. I hope I can even sustain of faithfully doing at least one or two of what I have promised to do.

Ikaw? What do you long to accomplish and change this year? Yearly travel vacation? Additional Mountains to climb? More events to organize? Aims for promotion? Work abroad? Get out of your sloppy company? Buy a dlsr camera or a new expensive bike? Stops drinking? Less partying? Start saving? Open a business? Intend to have a girlfriend? Buy a new pet? I could go on forever, but what would you try this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment