Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bora, Bora, Bora!












September 4, 2006

Bora, Bora, Bora!

My best friend at AFP sent me a text message asking me to pray for her and the rest of her family for an interview with the US embassy. She also reminded me that it was our 2nd anniversary for the very 1st adventure we had together at Boracay, Philippines. That‘s how sentimental my by best friend is.. She is really good in remembering dates - Important dates! For her September 1 – 4, 2004 are important dates to remember. I guess she treasure it as if it’s like a wedding anniversary or a birthday. Well, you might find her a little weird but I guess it has been indeed a very important event in our life together.

Short Term-Memory-Loss

I even had the hard time remembering the dates me and husband’s FIRSTS. He always emphasizes that I have to take note of all those stuff! Weird! I am now thinking - did I got married with my best friend?! Hahaha!

Mac has to always remind me that I have to remember dates such us the day we became boyfriend and girlfriend, our weekly prayer time, our wedding day (okay, for married couple - that’s a must!), and … there are times he will ask me strangely about our first kiss?!

I am now super concern on having a very good memory plus I alerted all my phonebook, schedule organizer, and phone alarm, in case I still forgot about all the dates which my husband and I agreed to remember and cherish..

I guess that’s why we always have the reasons to celebrate together.

It may sound obviously corny and cliché but yes, it keeps us deeply in love and happy together.

The Main Title?! Where’s the Borcay Part?!

Ohh, before I forgot… I titled this blog Bora but I got lost writing stuff about our Boracay adventure. Just take a look on the places, people, food, adventure, and even our craziness to pose in two-piece bathing suit (oozing with guts, hehehe). Those pictures was our get away adventure at Boracay, Philippines 2 years ago. Enjoy the pictures! Ignore the faces, hehehe.

Cyn is right at all. It is a celebration to remember. Boracay, Philippines has been an exciting place for us so… starting next year; I’ll include September 1 – 4 as our FIRST BORACAY ADVENTURE!

Oopps!

By the way, before I forgot everything completely (I told yah, I have short-term-memory-loss hahaha!)… Congratulations Cyn! Your family would obviously get that US VISA. Extend my warmest regards to Tita and Tito (though I’m used to calling your dad Col. Ablir, hehehe). God bless and whenever you decide to leave the country – Vons Voyage! We may not know it, may be our next adventure would be Thailand’s beaches or Spain’s hotels/resorts!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:21 AM

    i want to go back to boracay again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 PM

    You're right, we did get our US Visa. Thanks to all the prayers of friends and family! God is really good.

    Boracay trip was supposed to be with my big sister Emy. But at the last minute, she can't go. So, i offered her plane ticket to my bestfriend Rona. Which she excitedly accepted. It was my very first trip to Boracay. It was full of adventure. Starting from the airport where the guard was suspicious that we're really not related. asking for Rona's ID which she could not show coz the ticket is not on her name (hahaha!). it's a good thing that the airport is already announcing our flight. it gave us an excuse to go inside in a hurry. so, the guard let us pass.
    we arrived at caticlan airport safely. we took pics once we got off the plane. then we looked for our resort's representative to take us to our accomodation.
    it was a really nice resort. they gave us a necklace of shells and a glass of ice tea. then they showed us our room. it was a big fan room. it was nice.
    we changed immediately to our swim suits and hit the beach. rona took her books while i grabbed my cam and swim gears.
    alas! boracay beach! it was just absolutely beautiful. the sand was so fine. we lied on the sands. took pictures and entertained people who approached us. a guy offered us a island tour for a fee. he gave us options to go with a group or to go solo on a boat (just me and rona and the boatmen). as usual, i haggled for the price. when he gave in to my P1000 price. we didn't waste any time and went back to our room to get my scuba gears. we went to the back side of station 1. we started our trip from there. we went to crocodile island where we saw lots of fish.
    to be continued. i'll continue the bora details next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi cynth! you made my morning happy! reading your comment makes me smile (ay laugh pala! hahaha) while few tears droppped (I actually looked like a fool here in the office laughing and crying alone). I don't know, must be nostalgia or something eheheh... You cleverly detailed our Boracay trip. Sana we could spend another getaway like that this time with our partners hehehe.. remember while we were walking along the white and fine sand, breezy and romantic ambiance ng Bora? Inggit tayo sa mga nasasalubong nating mga lovers? and we couldn't even party at bars because we don't have a guy buddy with us to protect us if in case (plus the fact that we are in a tight budget? remember? hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete