Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Looking Back @ My 2010

2010! Ah, what a year it has been. Nothing melodramatic happening  nor joyously applaud-able  achievements; 2010? A bit quite boring and unsatisfying year it was. Though some happy moments and laughable occasions I may remember. 

To start with, as the 2010's first quarter ends, it was a bit troublesome (and somehow depressing) for me. This was one of the not so nice instance of my life. 'Had to deal with difficult students at NDMU (oh, I regretted to have handled Thesis and graduating students, lol). The next quarter 'till December 2010 has been quite a ride: had to go through petty struggle with my husband and Aunt-in-laws' relationship, had to adjust to new working environment and new culture, and has to  realize who were my true friends are (some who I thought were important to me and I to them were *lost, some gained and now I am really careful, and there were those who remain and are as sturdy as an oak).

I know you are not interested with what are the major stuff happened to me last year (but here it is anyway):
 >> Gave up teaching and moved back to hands-on IT stuff at KCC Property Holdings Inc.
 >> Had to deal with my fear (secret, not related with my fear of rats though)
 >> Attended my best friend's wedding 
 >> Transformed myself into dressing up ( and I bravely wore contact lens! Blue, that is)
 >> Gave Dad nice gifts (first time in our marriage, I saw him very satisfied with the gifts I gave him; of course nothing beats Rap as my best gift ever lol)
 >> Asked my youngest brother to try life here in Mindanao
 
My 2010 will not be as exciting as it is without the following to thank to:

To Joanne, at your young age, you inspire me to become a better person for Christ

Auntie Letty, a woman of patience and virtue

Auntie Celia, a woman of strength and generosity   

 Jen, you showed me that I can still put my head up even when everything seems falling apart 

 To  Janine and Jay, who encouraged me to be joyful, be content and maximize what I currently have

To Mamang, Papang Ate Elaine and ate
Emily,
kayo na po nagging pamilya ko mula ng pagka-bata; Sana madinig nya na ang mga hinihingi nating healing and blessings. Salamat po

Lola, I love you. May distance will not be a hindrance to show my love and gratitude to your love and guidance

To Bhel, my best friend and whom I see as a beauty queen in distress; I will always be here for you no matter what; I am ready to fight your own fight.

To Daneelyn, who share same blissful wifely and motherly duties; and who unconsciously had blessed me well with her effortless words of encouragement;

To Baby Tonette and Ms. Melissa, whom I always ask God to give them their silent prayers; may it come true this coming 2011!

To Kathy Kathy and  Josef , whom I just seldom see online, has put a smile on my face even in few minutes of conversation; hoy! Mag-asawa na kayo! lol

To Arman , who I am grateful for keeping my heads up again for taking courage to tell the truth and showing me that I am worth much more than I know of myself; you brought back my self confidence

To Col Galido, whom I always look up to as the best boss ever!

To Ate  Emy, or kindness and generosity without asking anything in return; Kudos to you!

To Cynthia, who finally had granted her silent prayer of finally finding herself a partner in life; all prayers of love and healthy baby to come

To Sharon, Carl, Helen, Richard, Liah, and Misyel, nice seeing you last June; you made my 2010 a nostalgic year for me; Seeing you made me miss AFP more

To Maria Lourdes (which Rap fondly calls her Meme), your sincere and absolute friendship is superb and endearingly treasured; I couldn’t ask for such respect and honor you made me feel

To Princess and Joy, who made me see the reality that not all shinny and glittery objects are genuine gems; thank you for that valuable lesson

To Ma’am Susan for the open arms and ears when I need someone to confide in; it’s an honor knowing you

To BSIT 2010 NDMU Graduates, thank you for honing my patience and inner strength 

To Ma’am Brenda, Ma’am Maui, Glenn, Sir Ludger and to all students/co-workers at NDMU that has been a part of my wonderful, though at times lowly times of my 2010, Salamat po

To my new found friends at KCC,
Erma and Girleen, who quietly taught me to wait patiently and be humble; these two, left a mark a virtue of friendship
Ivan, for bridging an opportunity for me to meet wonderfully unique people like:

Sir Ramon, a true leader to look up too, gentle yet can tame a million lion with his discreet  ways; I would not be afraid to be called ‘Christian’ if not with his prudent ways; a modern day Paul, close to God’s heart 

Sir Dennis, who is far more loyal and is well trusted with the talents entrusted in him
Sir Alain, who taught all of us patience, understanding and doing more than the best we could offer without expecting too much in return

Silver, who is never tired of exercising her duty as my friend,

Anna, who has annoyingly share common traits with me

Ronnel and Jessie, who became seasoning to my usual days at work

Engr. Earl, had seen his ardent  and uncorrupted dedication to God's ministry
Rex, who left us without bidding a proper goodbye to me, who sheepishly tame every lovely lady

Sir Roger and Sir Paolo , in spite of their achievements’ still remain meek and lowly; I salute your admirable character

Joshua, who I never figured out why he loves the color black, and who is boyishly and lovingly fine-looking guy next door

Marlon, who do all tasks with commitment and love but still remain quiet

Sir Jim, if there's such a "Breakthrough Artist Award "in KCC, I must say he might have won that award

Jeff, Ma’am Cherry, and Jane, who laughs and gossips with me every juicy news and unsettled topics (whether it may be corrections of proper grammar, an actress in distress or work-related topic)

Ma’am Lala, who I see as very intellectual person
JR, who I always described as courageously bold (aside from his physical built, hehehe) and gallant with his sword-like words; fearless though convincingly full of conviction,

Renz and Paul, who both shows what the late famous genius Ernie Baron ‘s brainpower

Jaime, a former co-coffee addict and now a convert

Eugene, for teaching how to value responsibility towards family and extending his patience regardless of instances and sharp words he receives

Ma’am Jesse who bravely speaks her mind regardless of what others may think but instilled motherly advices to all;

Ma’am Chiu, (definitely not Kim Chiu, no,no,no!) for the good example of  kind-heartedness and positive outlook in life which you unconsciously inspire me to be a better Christian

Zarla, for the bratty but funny stories of her childhood
Jeffrey and Arce, for the effortless encouragement you taught me to support and appreciate my husband’s love of adventure (@ Azariel for having the unique and weirdest name which I had ever heard, next to my son’s Raph)

Clieff for the wacky and witty acts and tagline which makes my stay at KCC a very lively one (who understate the use of word “existence” even before Bb. Pilipinas Universe Venus Raj did)

Some of my new KCC Family
And to Jeffer, Gerald, Ma’am Mergie Rose, Sir Dexter, Raymond, Sir Cyrus, Sir Chito, Ma’am Agnes, Ma’am Mariecarl, Sir Domeng, Ma’am Cathy, Sir Rei, Ma’am Lorna and to all who (*who I can not recall their names as of this time but I am pretty sure I come across with you everyday of my life at work) had become part of new life at KCC family, you all actually made something out of me far from what I am originally am. Daghang salamat kaayo.

To my Pastor Sam, Ma’am Anne, Ma’am Ethel, and all my family at Capital Alliance Church, thank you for enriching and reminding us of our spiritual responsibility.

To my adopted family, who demonstrated care and helped me perform my responsibility as a wife, a mother, an aunt, a sister in law, and a daughter in law as well; Kay Kuya Jo, Ate Che, Tala, and Mama Puring, thank you

 Mama Luming, I salute you for your unconditional love and faith in God 

To Rap, thank you for the smile and laughter you gave us. You are our best treasure of all.

To my hubbyness, Mac (or Rai as most of our new friends calls you) who literally stayed when I am not in my normal self, who joyously enjoy my boring company, who selflessly takes care of me and Rap, who kept his promise to God and to the law. Thank you.

And of course to my All-Mighty-Creator, Savior and Guidance Counselor – my Lord God Jesus Christ, Salamat po ng sobrang sobra sa pabor at  pagmamahal.

 *Lost means not physically lost but relationship wise, I may not be happy related with them in any way. I do not consider them enemies but I could be civil with them = (

1 comment: