Sunday, January 16, 2011

On Philippine Farmers: Best and Worst Profession of All

While watching  Ka Tonying's fearless comments and personal opinion on Umagang Kay Ganda this morning about, I totally agree every points he says. It's as if he thinks through my rationale mind and speaks through my brave/opinionated  mouth (which always I always know, I always get me into trouble, all the time! lol).

In other countries, farmers were viewed as rich and fine living individuals whose government treasure them as their countries' best professionals. Here in the Philippines, most farm owners (most especially the tenants/'trabahador') were one of the poorest of poor. Though they produce the basic commodity of every Filipino, they do not enjoy same privilege of eating a nice plate of meal: worst they may have not enjoyed a good life most of professions which does not relate with agriculture (for your information, agriculture is Philippines' largest industry, but, hell the life of these farmers ). If only Philippine government must have prioritized these farmers. Government will just take a glance on these farmers if they are already suffering death (or not care at all) when media comes in. Where are those promises these politicians promised go? Before elections, there a tons of politicians promised good life, good governance and good agricultural system. Pero asan na ang pangako nyo?! It's heartbreaking to see my lolo''s hardship to till the land and nobody in his apo (grandsons) has even dreamt of being a farmer also? Because my uncles and those farmers in our provinces stayed poor. 'Nak ng kamoteng import-import na yan! Sana maisip ng mga politiko at mga nasa gobyerno (I myself worked in the government, I witnessed unfair and corrupt system; though not all , but most) na habang gumaganda buhay nila, me nahihirapan at halos tumirik ang mata sa kakabungkal ng lupa para lang me mapakain sa kapwa Pilipino nila!


To all the farmers, ipinagmamalaki ko kayo.You all deserve a good life more than a company president. Please help me pray that this generation and the next one, farmers will have a better and best life ever.

image from: http://www.google.com.ph/imglanding?q=philippne+farm&um=1&hl=tl&sa=G&biw=1360&bih=605&tbs=isch:1&tbnid=Sz-9chd71Ik0vM:&imgrefurl=http://filipinolifeinpictures.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html&imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/346341302_19a6126581.jpg&ei=gKszTeTqBoXEcLWt6KoH&zoom=1&w=500&h=332

No comments:

Post a Comment